Tuesday, July 29, 2008

and it kept getting weirder.

Sorry, that post was getting long. The night continued and we left the beerfest, having no beer and some awkward conversations.
We decided to head to the Greek Cuisina, which is a staple in our friendship. We have had many awkward conversations (ask Nicole) and we have discovered that if we sit outside, the fun never ends!! The fun began with a drunk guy caressing Nicole's shoulder about thirty seconds into entering the restaurant. Nicole knew the hostess, which I didn't realize, so I thought she was being EXTRA friendly! We were sat outside and the girls at the table next to us enlightened us to the fact that our waiter was a bit slow. Actually, he was really slow. It took him about twenty minutes to even come over, and twenty minutes to understand english. He was just in his own little world. At one point, he came outside whistling and this is what followed;
the waiter: "Do you ever get just super passionate about whisteling?"
Nicole "I can't whistle. no."
the waiter: "You can't whistle? Do it!"
Nicole " I can't! No."
the waiter : "So you never just get really into it?"
me : "Like Bing Crosby kinda whistling?"
the waiter : "hunh? no, just like good whistling. I hit a really high note."
me : yeah, I know. I heard. can we get some food?"
he was a champ.

THe night only got better when a somewhat drunk skinny black guy walked past us cursing up a storm and tripped over a grate. I, of course, laughed out loud and a few minutes later, he of course, came back. He saw Nicole (who passes for any race really. Her dark skin and all. She may be part eskimo. I'm not sure). As soon as he sees Nicole he stops and leans on the grate and kinda of yells at her. "Hey, whats your name?!" Nicole, being really sweet, is being very nice. But about three minutes into him yelling and being friendly/creepy, it is obvious from my viewpoint that she has NO idea what he is saying. I happen to be fluent in Urban Exploreese and he has mentioned somthing about having a baby in vancouver and that everyone over there is a horrible driver. Nicole is smiling and nodding and I am trying really hard to not to spit my beer out. He ends the conversation with, "None of them all can drive. HELLO!?" and wandered off. I am laughing so hard that I am CRYING into my beer. Nicole is totally thrown off and has no idea what to think and our waiter has finally wandered over and stops whistling long enough to ask if I'm okay.

It was great.
the night, not his whistling.

and I don't think I really know how to spell whistling.

Good times Nicole. Quality!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my word, I'm laughing out loud in my apartment... :) This blog was a really, really good idea! Jason wants to know what's wrong with me! :) Here's to lots more stories like Keeping Portland Weird!